Article: How to Generate a Monthly Report
This article describes how to use the Monthly Report feature to generate a calendar view for specific dates and specific employees. This report is ideal for printing a wallchart or sharing information with colleagues.
The Monthly Report feature allows you to generate a view of the Calendar for a specific time period and for specific individuals. This is ideal if you wish to print the calendar (i.e. produce a wallchart) or if you wish to be able to share the calendar with your employees without granting them full access to the planner.
The screenshot belows shows an example of a report generated for January:
How to Generate a Monthly Report
To generate a Monthly Report, follow the steps below:
Exporting the Monthly Report
- Login to the planner, click on the "Reports" button and then click on the "Monthly Report" button. The following screen will be displayed:
Note: You can also create a new report by clicking on the orange "New Monthly Report" button from the Monthly Report worksheet.
- Choose whether to create a new report, use the settings for last time or load a saved report.
- Click on the "Next" button to continue.
- On the following screen you can select the employees that you wish to include in the report.
- Once you have made your selections, click on the Next button.
- You can then select the dates you want the report to cover, the leave categories to include, and choose between options on how to format the report.
- When you are ready to create the report, click on the "Create Report" button.
The report can be exported to a seperate workbook, which is ideal for sharing with your colleagues or if you would like to tweak the page layout for printing. To use this feature follow the steps below:
Sorting the Monthly Report
- Click on the "Export This Report" button.
- Choose whether or not to password protected the exported sheet.
- Click on the "Export" button.
- Choose where to save the report to and click "Save".
Once the group report has been generated you can sort the data. To do this, follow the steps belows:
Generating a Monthly Report: Video Tutorial
- Click on the "Sort This Report" button.
- Choose the criteria that you wish to sort the data by.
- Click on the "Sort " button. The data will then be sorted.
The following video demonstrates how to generate a Monthly Report. It also explains how to tweak the page layout so that the report can be printed.