Article: How to Generate a Group Leave Report
This article describes how to use the Group Leave Report feature to generate a report which displays the leave details of one or more employees.
The Group Report feature allows you to generate a report that shows leave details for all of your employees (or a specified group of employees). This reported can also be exported to a seperate workbook, which could then be shared with other users. It is different from the individual report in that it provides an overall summary of the leave taken and can show multiple employees, whereas an individual report shows detailed information but only for a specific employee.
The following screenshot shows a generated group report.
How to Generate a Group Report
To generate a Group Report, follow the steps below:
Exporting the Report
- Login to the planner, click on the "Reports" button and then click on the "Group Report" button. The following screen will be displayed:
Note: You can also create a new report by clicking on the "Create A New Group Report" button from the Group Report worksheet.
- Choose whether to create a new report, use the settings for last time or load a saved report.
- Click on the "Next" button to continue.
- On the following screen you must choose between reporting on leave that is tracked in hours or leave that is tracked in days, as the report cannot provide both figures on the same report.
- Add the employees that you wish to report on to the report. You can either select the employees from the list and click the "Add to List" button, or use the employee search feature (this feature will allow you to search for all staff in a department).
- When you have finished selecting employees, click on the next button.
- The final page on the form allows you to name the report, select the reporting time period and specify the categories to include in the report.
- When you are ready to create the report, click on the "Create Report" button.
The report can be exported to a seperate workbook, which is ideal for sharing with your colleagues. To use this feature follow the steps below:
Sorting the Group Report
- Click on the "Export This Report" button.
- Choose whether or not to password protected the exported sheet.
- Click on the "Export" button.
- Choose where to save the report to and click "Save".
Once the group report has been generated you can sort the data. To do this, follow the steps belows:
- Click on the "Sort This Report" button.
- Choose the criteria that you wish to sort the data by.
- Click on the "Sort " button. The data will then be sorted.
The following video demonstrates how to generate a Group Report.